8-year-old boy dies in Northeast Fresno collision
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 8-year-old boy who was killed in a traffic accident in Northeast Fresno Sunday has been identified. Authorities say Jason Cuellar of Fresno died in the three-car collision.
It happened just before 6 p.m. Sunday night at the intersection of Champlain and Shepherd in Northeast Fresno.
Eyewitnesses told Action News a woman driving a Ford Explorer ran a red light and slammed into the back of a Honda. The eight-year-old boy and his two siblings were inside the Honda.
Immediately following the crash, drivers stopped to try and help the young victims.
"I had ran over to the little boy that was on the side of the crash and I helped him calm down. He was worried about his mom and dad. It was horrible. Just a horrible scene," said Sheila Brookeshire.
One other vehicle was involved in the crash. The driver of that car was not hurt. Emergency personnel treated other patients for moderate injuries.
Fresno Police say at this point no one has been taken into custody.
traffic, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local, shannon handy
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 7 min ago
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Accuweather Forecast
54 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Nelson...
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos