8-year-old boy dies in Northeast Fresno collision
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 8-year-old boy who was killed in a traffic accident in Northeast Fresno Sunday has been identified. Authorities say Jason Cuellar of Fresno died in the three-car collision.
It happened just before 6 p.m. Sunday night at the intersection of Champlain and Shepherd in Northeast Fresno.
Eyewitnesses told Action News a woman driving a Ford Explorer ran a red light and slammed into the back of a Honda. The eight-year-old boy and his two siblings were inside the Honda.
Immediately following the crash, drivers stopped to try and help the young victims.
"I had ran over to the little boy that was on the side of the crash and I helped him calm down. He was worried about his mom and dad. It was horrible. Just a horrible scene," said Sheila Brookeshire.
One other vehicle was involved in the crash. The driver of that car was not hurt. Emergency personnel treated other patients for moderate injuries.
Fresno Police say at this point no one has been taken into custody.
traffic, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local, shannon handy
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley