Leaking carbon dioxide tank prompts Hazmat Response
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A leaking tank of carbon dioxide that closed traffic on Barstow between Chestnut and Willow has been capped. Traffic on Barstow is now flowing through the area.
The leak prompted a hazmat response from the Fresno Fire Department. Authorities say the leaking container was a 14-ton liquid carbon dioxide cylinder.
The leak was plugged Tuesday morning. No one was injured, but police closed surrounding streets as a precaution.
hazmat, california state university fresno, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors 20 min ago
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 51 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 44 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos