Leaking carbon dioxide tank prompts Hazmat Response
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A leaking tank of carbon dioxide that closed traffic on Barstow between Chestnut and Willow has been capped. Traffic on Barstow is now flowing through the area.
The leak prompted a hazmat response from the Fresno Fire Department. Authorities say the leaking container was a 14-ton liquid carbon dioxide cylinder.
The leak was plugged Tuesday morning. No one was injured, but police closed surrounding streets as a precaution.
hazmat, california state university fresno, fresno northeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos