Levy found mentally incompetent to stand trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno woman accused of burning down a Central Fresno apartment complex was found mentally incompetent to stand trial. A medical expert made the determination at a hearing.
Thursday morning a Fresno County Judge ordered 51-year-old Shelley Levy to take anti-psychotic medication against her will. Levy will be moved to Patton State Hospital in San Bernardino County.
Levy was supposed to be evicted from the Griffith Garden Apartments when police say she started a fire that destroyed 28-units back in July of this year.
court, arson, fire, fresno central, fresno, fresno county, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County 39 min ago
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 55 min ago
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving...
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos