Levy found mentally incompetent to stand trial
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno woman accused of burning down a Central Fresno apartment complex was found mentally incompetent to stand trial. A medical expert made the determination at a hearing.
Thursday morning a Fresno County Judge ordered 51-year-old Shelley Levy to take anti-psychotic medication against her will. Levy will be moved to Patton State Hospital in San Bernardino County.
Levy was supposed to be evicted from the Griffith Garden Apartments when police say she started a fire that destroyed 28-units back in July of this year.
court, arson, fire, fresno central, fresno, fresno county, local
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels 51 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases