Victor Perez gets Hero's welcome at Bulldog Stadium
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno man who received national attention last week after he saved an 8-year-old girl from her kidnapper got a hero's welcome at Saturday's Fresno State game.
Last week, Victor Perez was just a regular guy working hard to support his family. Now, virtually everyone in the Valley knows him as the hero who rescued an 8-year-old Fresno girl from her kidnapper.
Heather Walkingstick of Clovis said, "He did a great thing and in this day in age it's good to see people step up and help other people."
Jill Peterson of Clovis said, "I'm really proud of him. I think the community should be proud of him."
Fresno State Athletics invited Victor to Saturday's football game. They provided him and his entire family Bulldog gear, and gave them a grand tour of the stadium.
People applauded him along the way. But, perhaps the most touching moment came at half time.
Alongside Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer, and other Fresno State officials, Victor was honored on the field. 40-thousand-people gave him a standing ovation.
Victor Perez said, "Wow. Awesome feeling, I hope my kids can remember this forever"
It was a touching moment for Victor ... and his family who says, he's been their hero all along.
Victor's son said, "A lot of fans at the place. I feel happy for him."
Reporter: "Do you think your dad is a hero?"
"Yes I do. A local hero," said Victor's son.
kidnapping, fresno, fresno county, jerry dyer, california state university fresno, fresno state bulldogs, fresno state football, local, shannon handy
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl