Hanford man found dead in Sequoia National Park
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The body of a Hanford man was found in Sequoia National Park this weekend just one day after his vehicle was found near a park campground.
The body of 54-year-old Stanley Robert Garcia was recovered from the South Fork area of the park on Saturday. Park officials say his car was found in a nearby parking lot early Friday morning -- prompting a ground and air search by dozens of people, horses, and canines.
Its unknown how long Garcia was in the park or how he died. But officials say he hadn't been home since Monday.
hanford, kings county, sequoia national park, tulare county, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos