Verizon 911 service is down temporarily in the South Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Tulare County Fire Department is alerting South Valley residents they may not be able to make emergency calls from their Verizon cell phones.
Verizon says a fiber optic cable was accidentally cut in the Exeter area earlier Wednesday.
This is causing trouble for home phone customers in the areas of Alpaugh, Lindsay, Exeter and Lemon Cove.
Verizon says it's not sure when the service will be restored.
We'll have an update on this late breaking story as soon as it's available.
alpaugh, lindsay, exeter, south valley, local
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos