Verizon 911 service is down temporarily in the South Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Tulare County Fire Department is alerting South Valley residents they may not be able to make emergency calls from their Verizon cell phones.
Verizon says a fiber optic cable was accidentally cut in the Exeter area earlier Wednesday.
This is causing trouble for home phone customers in the areas of Alpaugh, Lindsay, Exeter and Lemon Cove.
Verizon says it's not sure when the service will be restored.
We'll have an update on this late breaking story as soon as it's available.
alpaugh, lindsay, exeter, south valley, local
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013