Fresno Police use Caltrans signs to find hit-run suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police are using a new approach to try to find the person who caused an accident that seriously hurt an off duty California Highway Patrol Officer.
Lincoln McKenna was injured while on his motorcycle late last month in Northwest Fresno. The accident severed part of his lower right leg.
Investigators say the accident was caused by the driver of a silver Toyota Tundra ... they have been told from witnesses the driver ran the off duty sergeant off the road.
Thursday night a flashing Caltrans sign is being placed at the exact location the crash took place at Herndon near Palm Avenue. The sign is asking commuters for information about the accident and any other details that may help find the person who is responsible for the hit and run.
The crash occurred on September 28th. Investigators say after McKenna was forced into the slow lane, he hit a curb, and then slammed into a pole. Investigators hope the timing and unique approach will remind rush hour commuters of the accident and refresh their memory.
"We want to put it back in people's minds that this took place. Hopefully it will jog memories since it will be around the same time and location," said Jeff Cardinale. "It will help people maybe remember something they forgot before or maybe they've seen the vehicle since but just didn't think to call us."
McKenna is an eight year veteran of the CHP. He has undergone several surgeries since the accident.
Officers will also be on hand at the location to take down any information from drivers that may help find the wanted silver Toyota Tundra and the driver.
fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, crimetracker, hit and run, california highway patrol, fresno police department, local, sontaya rose
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment 7 min ago
- SoCal nurse in critical condition after stabbing 52 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno...
7 min ago