Woman turns herself in after deadly hit-and-run in Coalinga
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Coalinga Police have just released details on a hit-and-run crash that left a 58-year-old man dead Friday night.
The crash happened around 7:30 p.m. on east Polk near Thompson. Investigators say the victim was hit by a car while walking his dog.
He's been identified as 58-year-old Anacleto Ortega.
Police say the driver of the car left the scene of the accident, but showed up a half hour later at the police department to turn herself in.
The driver -- 57-year old Bertha Zuniga -- was taken into custody. Police tell us she will be charged with felony hit-and-run as well as driving without a license.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the crash.
coalinga, hit and run, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos