Woman turns herself in after deadly hit-and-run in Coalinga
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Coalinga Police have just released details on a hit-and-run crash that left a 58-year-old man dead Friday night.
The crash happened around 7:30 p.m. on east Polk near Thompson. Investigators say the victim was hit by a car while walking his dog.
He's been identified as 58-year-old Anacleto Ortega.
Police say the driver of the car left the scene of the accident, but showed up a half hour later at the police department to turn herself in.
The driver -- 57-year old Bertha Zuniga -- was taken into custody. Police tell us she will be charged with felony hit-and-run as well as driving without a license.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the crash.
coalinga, hit and run, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident