Woman turns herself in after deadly hit-and-run in Coalinga
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Coalinga Police have just released details on a hit-and-run crash that left a 58-year-old man dead Friday night.
The crash happened around 7:30 p.m. on east Polk near Thompson. Investigators say the victim was hit by a car while walking his dog.
He's been identified as 58-year-old Anacleto Ortega.
Police say the driver of the car left the scene of the accident, but showed up a half hour later at the police department to turn herself in.
The driver -- 57-year old Bertha Zuniga -- was taken into custody. Police tell us she will be charged with felony hit-and-run as well as driving without a license.
Alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the crash.
coalinga, hit and run, local
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 39 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 24 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt