Lockdown lifted for Parlier schools; suspect in custody
PARLIER, Calif. (KFSN) -- Students were kept indoors at three Parlier schools for several hours due to a police standoff.
Fresno County Sheriff's deputies and Parlier Police officers had surrounded an apartment complex at Manning and Academy as they searched for a suspect. The suspect was taken into custody Wednesday afternoon.
Nearby Martinez Elementary, Benavidez Elementary, and Parlier Jr. High School were locked down as a precaution. The lockdown lasted for several hours but was lifted just after 3 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
parlier, fresno county, swat, crimetracker, fresno county sheriff department, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires