Free health fair held at Fresno Shopping Center
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people showed up for the chance to get free health screenings at a Fresno shopping center Sunday.
14 stations offered everything from blood work to dentistry at the Manchester center today. All offered at no cost.
The health fair is held several times a year and is organized by a Fresno doctor who saw a need among those who can't afford healthcare.
Several doctors volunteer their time during each event -- and organizers say the help can be life saving.
"Last time we found 20 new diabetics, people who didn't even know they had diabetes. There are a number of people with a heart problem, diabetes. Today we found someone with carcinoma... That's unusual, and that could kill somebody," Health Fair Organizer Dr. Mohammad Ashraf said.
Dr. Ashraf says follow up appointments are also scheduled on the spot for those who need them. They, too are free.
fresno, health care, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty 48 min ago
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car 34 min ago
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
48 min ago
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos