Porterville solider killed in Afghanistan laid to rest
PORTERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A south valley soldier killed in Afghanistan was laid to rest Wednesday. Specialist Brett Land died October 30th from an improvised explosive device.
Hundreds of people attended funeral services at the Porterville Church of the Nazarene Wednesday afternoon.
Friends and family members shared stories about Land, who wrestled in elementary and high school. Friends say Land had a big personality and was very courageous. They say he felt he was called to the military.
Brett Land was supposed to come home next week to meet his newborn daughter for the first time.
porterville, afghanistan, local, jessica peres
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children 9 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop 12 min ago
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital 6 min ago
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- 7 health apps you need to know about