Fire destroyed the Perko's Café in Dinuba
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A popular south valley restaurant burned to the ground Thursday morning.
The Perko's Café opened at Alta near Nebraska 33 years ago.
The main sign on top of the building collapsed in the fire. A person driving by the restaurant around 4:30 Thursday morning saw the flames and called for help. The building was destroyed by the time firefighters arrived.
Investigators believe the fire started behind the kitchen and spread to the attic. At this point, they are not calling it suspicious.
Dinuba Fire Chief, Chad Thompson said, "I'd say it's pretty much a total loss the fire ran the whole entire attic causing the roof to collapse inside."
Perko's Assistant Manager, Sandy Medley said, "It's very heartbreaking very heartbreaking devastation."
The restaurant owner tells Action News he plans to rebuild the Dinuba restaurant.
fire, dinuba, tulare county, local
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy 54 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children 37 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 31 min ago
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- Fresno kidnap, sex assault suspect changes plea
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- Accuweather Forecast
21 min ago
- ABC30's Stephanie Stone welcomes baby girl
13 min ago
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting...
53 min ago