2 killed in Madera Co. DUI accident
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A DUI accident in Madera County has left two people dead and two others with serious injuries. Richard Farias is custody, facing charges of felony DUI and two counts of felony manslaughter.
Witnesses told the California Highway Patrol Farias was driving this black Jaguar westbound on Avenue 14 at a high speed.
They say he lost control after he tried to pass two other cars and the Jaguar flipped several times. The car finally came to rest on its wheels in the middle of a field.
A female passenger in the front seat was killed inside the car and the rear seat passenger died after being ejected.
The driver and another passenger were taken to Community Regional Medical Center with what are described as serious injuries.
According to the Madera County Department Of Corrections Farias has been arrested for driving under the influence at least twice before.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
madera, madera county, community regional medical center, auto, local
- Lemoore airman sentenced to 10 years for pimping a 17-year-old girl 22 min ago
- Calif. man arrested at border on terrorism charges 42 min ago
- Tulare Police Chief Arrested
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Man with no pants attacks Merced woman, police say
- 3rd person dies from South By Southwest crash
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos