Bakersfield couple turned away from hotel on wedding night
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A south valley couple recently had their wedding night ruined. 18-year-old Hillary Barnes planned her marriage for months to her high school sweetheart -- Jason.
He was home for just ten days on leave from his marine's boot camp.
After their wedding last Friday, they went to check in to the historic Padre Hotel in Bakersfield but were told only people 21-and over can stay there.
The couple ended up in a nearby hotel for the night. The general manager says their 21-and over policy is to prevent underage drinking.
He apologized, and offered them a complimentary stay at a later date.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
bakersfield, kern county, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos