Accident caused after suspect sped away from hit and run
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Police say a drunk driver who caused a minor accident caused a major accident while trying to get away.
Police say the driver of this white pickup truck was arrested after he ran a stop sign at Clinton and Fowler causing a major collision with the blue truck.
After the accident, the suspect's truck went off the road and ended up in a field.
Police say at the time of the accident, the suspect was speeding away from a minor hit and run accident at Clinton and Clovis.
The driver was arrested for driving drunk and for hit and run. The driver of the other truck was taken to the hospital with what are described as non-life threatening injuries.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno police department, hit and run, fresno, fresno county, auto, local
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 13 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 33 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact