Body found inside burning car in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Just after 2 Thursday morning - the Fresno Fire Department responded to a car fire on Railroad near Golden State in south Fresno.
When firefighters put the fire out - they found a body inside the car.
That's when the fire department called Fresno Police.
Now officers are trying to figure out if the fire killed the person inside the car or if something else happened before the fire started.
"There is no one else out here. Obviously you can see this isn't a roadway we have a lot of witnesses on. We have nobody out here. Until we have our investigators kind of look at the scene, maybe put some pieces together, we're not going to know for quite a while what exactly did happen," Lt. Jon Papaleo said.
The coroner's office is working to identity the victim.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, fresno fire department, fresno police department, fire, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos