Turkey Trot at Woodward Park in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands turned out for the 11th Annual Turkey Trot in northeast Fresno to try to burn off some calories before the big meal.
Nearly 2,000 runners and walkers braved the freezing temperatures for an 8 a.m. start time at Woodward Park.
The runners tackled a 5k course and the walkers did a 2 mile walk.
Some participants donned crazy costumes to get into the holiday spirit including pilgrims and Native Americans, an enormous Gumby and a tortoise and a hare.
The run benefits needy Fresno families with thanksgiving baskets and Buchanan and Clovis West's cross country teams.
Organizers say Thursday's turnout was impressive especially considering the cold weather.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno county, fresno, woodward park, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people 26 min ago
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos