Turkey Trot at Woodward Park in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands turned out for the 11th Annual Turkey Trot in northeast Fresno to try to burn off some calories before the big meal.
Nearly 2,000 runners and walkers braved the freezing temperatures for an 8 a.m. start time at Woodward Park.
The runners tackled a 5k course and the walkers did a 2 mile walk.
Some participants donned crazy costumes to get into the holiday spirit including pilgrims and Native Americans, an enormous Gumby and a tortoise and a hare.
The run benefits needy Fresno families with thanksgiving baskets and Buchanan and Clovis West's cross country teams.
Organizers say Thursday's turnout was impressive especially considering the cold weather.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno county, fresno, woodward park, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 58 min ago
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos