Fatal car crash in Fresno Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol is investigating whether drugs or alcohol played a role in a fatal car crash in Fresno County Thursday.
It happened just before noon on Highway 180 near Brawley. The CHP got several calls of a reckless driver heading north on Highway 99.
Witnesses say the driver of a white El Camino caused a minor car accident between Fresno and Ventura. He then got onto Highway 180 and tried to pass several other cars.
Investigators say he caused a green SUV to overturn. A passenger in the SUV died.
The driver was ejected and suffered major injuries. The man driving the El Camino was also seriously hurt.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, california highway patrol, auto, local
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence