Fresno CHP officers open fire during high speed chase
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol is investigating a high speed chase in which officers shot at a driver who hit a patrol car.
The chase started around 1:20 Monday morning and ended in west central Fresno near Clinton and Blythe.
Officers say they tried to pull over 24-year-old Rey Flores for a traffic violation. But when they approached the car, officers spotted a gun inside and backed off for safety reasons.
At one point during the chase, officers say Flores, accelerated towards them, hitting a patrol car. That's when officers shot at the car. Flores suffered a graze wound to the head. No officers were hurt.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
crimetracker, high speed chase, fresno west central, fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies