Fresno CHP officers open fire during high speed chase
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol is investigating a high speed chase in which officers shot at a driver who hit a patrol car.
The chase started around 1:20 Monday morning and ended in west central Fresno near Clinton and Blythe.
Officers say they tried to pull over 24-year-old Rey Flores for a traffic violation. But when they approached the car, officers spotted a gun inside and backed off for safety reasons.
At one point during the chase, officers say Flores, accelerated towards them, hitting a patrol car. That's when officers shot at the car. Flores suffered a graze wound to the head. No officers were hurt.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
crimetracker, high speed chase, fresno west central, fresno southwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting 10 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network