Two bomb scares in Oakhurst
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two bomb scares in Madera County led to a busy day for the bomb squad.
Sheriff's deputies investigating a meth lab Wednesday found what appeared to be a pipe bomb inside a home in Oakhurst. The device was removed and destroyed.
Around the same time, someone dropped off a box full of blasting caps outside an antique store on Highway 41 near Road 426 in Oakhurst.
A video of the scene sent in by an Action News viewer. Workers at the store called the bomb squad who took the caps away and blew them up.
No one was hurt. Investigators are looking into who dropped off the explosives.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
oakhurst, madera county, local
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region