Two bomb scares in Oakhurst
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two bomb scares in Madera County led to a busy day for the bomb squad.
Sheriff's deputies investigating a meth lab Wednesday found what appeared to be a pipe bomb inside a home in Oakhurst. The device was removed and destroyed.
Around the same time, someone dropped off a box full of blasting caps outside an antique store on Highway 41 near Road 426 in Oakhurst.
A video of the scene sent in by an Action News viewer. Workers at the store called the bomb squad who took the caps away and blew them up.
No one was hurt. Investigators are looking into who dropped off the explosives.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
oakhurst, madera county, local
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1 28 min ago
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos