Vehicle found in missing Planada mother and son case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators located the car belonging to 26-year-old Ana Diaz De Ceja. She disappeared along with her son on Thursday from their home in Planada.
Merced County Sheriff's Investigators found the Chevy Avalanche Friday night. It was only seven miles from an orchard in Snelling -- where authorities discovered a burned body -- just hours after De Ceja disappeared. Investigators say it's possible the body could be hers.
Tom Mackenzie said, "This case really is a bizarre one. To find someone murdered in such a brutal fashion usually you can attribute those to a hate crime or gang or drug. But right now there's no indication of any of the above."
Investigators are searching De Ceja's car for any evidence. Meanwhile, the coroner is waiting on dental records to identify the charred remains. Those results could be back as soon as Tuesday.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
merced county, snelling, planada, merced, merced county sheriff department, crimetracker, local, sontaya rose
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos