Vehicle found in missing Planada mother and son case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators located the car belonging to 26-year-old Ana Diaz De Ceja. She disappeared along with her son on Thursday from their home in Planada.
Merced County Sheriff's Investigators found the Chevy Avalanche Friday night. It was only seven miles from an orchard in Snelling -- where authorities discovered a burned body -- just hours after De Ceja disappeared. Investigators say it's possible the body could be hers.
Tom Mackenzie said, "This case really is a bizarre one. To find someone murdered in such a brutal fashion usually you can attribute those to a hate crime or gang or drug. But right now there's no indication of any of the above."
Investigators are searching De Ceja's car for any evidence. Meanwhile, the coroner is waiting on dental records to identify the charred remains. Those results could be back as soon as Tuesday.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
merced county, snelling, planada, merced, merced county sheriff department, crimetracker, local, sontaya rose
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals