Code violations lead to fire at Central Fresno home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters blame the improper use of electrical cords for a fire at a Central Fresno home. The fire happened at a house on Weldon and Orchard Monday evening and displaced three people, including a four year old child.
Firefighters said the family in the home used multiple electrical cords to share electricity with the home next door. Fresno Fire Department Battalion Chief Tony Escobedo said the improper use of the cords is not only a code violation, but also dangerous. Once the fire started at the front of the home, it spread quickly. "Because of the rapid fire spread, and a lot of smoke, there's quite a bit of smoke throughout the entire house," said Escobedo.
Family members from the same family live in the two neighboring homes and were at the other house at the time of the fire. The fire destroyed much of the family's belongings and firefighters said the house is unlivable. Investigators said it had no working smoke detectors.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fire, fresno, fresno county, fresno central, fresno fire department, local, amanda perez
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos