Oakhurst Explosive materials investigation; Homeowner died last month
OAKHURST, Calif. (KFSN) -- Madera County and federal investigators are trying to determine why dozens of explosive materials were found inside an Oakhurst home.
54-year-old John Crimp passed away in November in Reno. He owned the Oakhurst home after his parents passed away three years ago.
Pictures show some of the fifty different agents found inside after a probate attorney tried clearing the area.
Clovis and Fresno Bomb Squads detonated the materials outside the home last week.
Investigators say Crimp did not have a criminal background. They don't know if he had any ties to criminal or terrorist groups.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
oakhurst, explosion, crimetracker, madera county, local, john-thomas kobos
- Harlem explosion, collapse leaves 2 dead, 17 hurt
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting 27 min ago
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network