Helping Fresno's homeless with a text message
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It's now easier to make your pledge to a city of Fresno initiative aimed at breaking the cycle of homelessness.
The goal of the "First Steps Home" program is to raise a million dollars for homeless housing every year -- through donations from private citizens and corporations.
Starting today the city of Fresno has set up a program that allows you to make a donation simply by sending a text message.
Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin hopes this new campaign will help raise an additional ten thousand dollars by the end of the year.
The city is already half way to reaching its one million dollar goal.
To make a one-time ten dollar donation to Fresno First Steps Home ... text "home" to "85944".NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, homeless, ashley swearengin, local
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center