Helping Fresno's homeless with a text message
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It's now easier to make your pledge to a city of Fresno initiative aimed at breaking the cycle of homelessness.
The goal of the "First Steps Home" program is to raise a million dollars for homeless housing every year -- through donations from private citizens and corporations.
Starting today the city of Fresno has set up a program that allows you to make a donation simply by sending a text message.
Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin hopes this new campaign will help raise an additional ten thousand dollars by the end of the year.
The city is already half way to reaching its one million dollar goal.
To make a one-time ten dollar donation to Fresno First Steps Home ... text "home" to "85944".NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, homeless, ashley swearengin, local
- Fresno State hires Jaime White as new Women's Basketball Coach 5 min ago
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses