Armed robbery suspects arrested after chase in NW Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An armed robbery Thursday afternoon in Clovis ended with a chase and violent crash miles away.
Police and sheriff's deputies chased the getaway car to northwest Fresno. Where it crashed, and nearly flipped over.
It all started a few hours earlier, when police say a masked suspect held up a nearby check cashing store.
Agents followed the driver to a shopping center where he handed off some items to an accomplice.
Police pulled the accomplice over, but the other suspect drove off in the blue Mazda. That's where he hit another car at Audubon and Nees, and then ran away.
Janet Stoll-Lee adds, "He ran behind the building, he was taken to the ground, money started falling out of his pockets."
One Clovis Police officer was hurt in the chase, when another patrol car ran into him.
The officer was taken to the hospital but is expected to okay.
The suspect has been identified as 48-year-old Scott Wheeler of Clovis.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
robbery, fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, crimetracker, fresno police department, local, shannon handy
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Accuweather Forecast
6 min ago