Armed robbery suspects arrested after chase in NW Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An armed robbery Thursday afternoon in Clovis ended with a chase and violent crash miles away.
Police and sheriff's deputies chased the getaway car to northwest Fresno. Where it crashed, and nearly flipped over.
It all started a few hours earlier, when police say a masked suspect held up a nearby check cashing store.
Agents followed the driver to a shopping center where he handed off some items to an accomplice.
Police pulled the accomplice over, but the other suspect drove off in the blue Mazda. That's where he hit another car at Audubon and Nees, and then ran away.
Janet Stoll-Lee adds, "He ran behind the building, he was taken to the ground, money started falling out of his pockets."
One Clovis Police officer was hurt in the chase, when another patrol car ran into him.
The officer was taken to the hospital but is expected to okay.
The suspect has been identified as 48-year-old Scott Wheeler of Clovis.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
robbery, fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, crimetracker, fresno police department, local, shannon handy
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl game losing streak
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush 37 min ago
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- Valley retailers stay open extra hours for...
45 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos