Armed robbery suspects arrested after chase in NW Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An armed robbery Thursday afternoon in Clovis ended with a chase and violent crash miles away.
Police and sheriff's deputies chased the getaway car to northwest Fresno. Where it crashed, and nearly flipped over.
It all started a few hours earlier, when police say a masked suspect held up a nearby check cashing store.
Agents followed the driver to a shopping center where he handed off some items to an accomplice.
Police pulled the accomplice over, but the other suspect drove off in the blue Mazda. That's where he hit another car at Audubon and Nees, and then ran away.
Janet Stoll-Lee adds, "He ran behind the building, he was taken to the ground, money started falling out of his pockets."
One Clovis Police officer was hurt in the chase, when another patrol car ran into him.
The officer was taken to the hospital but is expected to okay.
The suspect has been identified as 48-year-old Scott Wheeler of Clovis.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
robbery, fresno, fresno county, fresno northwest, crimetracker, fresno police department, local, shannon handy
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet 10 min ago
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls