Public viewing and funeral for Bishop Steinbock
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands of people are expected to attend a public viewing and funeral service next week for Bishop John Steinbock.
The Fresno Bishop died last Sunday after battling lung cancer.
Friday, crews began putting up detour signs around Saint John's Cathedral in Downtown Fresno, where Monday's viewing and rosary will take place.
Steinbock was the head of the Fresno Diocese since 1991.
The viewing takes place this Monday, December 13 at 10 a.m. for close family and friends at Saint John's Cathedral. It is open to the public at 11 a.m.
The funeral takes place Tuesday at Saint Anthony of Padua Church in northwest Fresno. The service starts at 10:30 in the morning.
And burial services will follow at Saint Peter's Cemetery in Fresno County.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Accuweather Forecast
46 min ago