Public viewing and funeral for Bishop Steinbock
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands of people are expected to attend a public viewing and funeral service next week for Bishop John Steinbock.
The Fresno Bishop died last Sunday after battling lung cancer.
Friday, crews began putting up detour signs around Saint John's Cathedral in Downtown Fresno, where Monday's viewing and rosary will take place.
Steinbock was the head of the Fresno Diocese since 1991.
The viewing takes place this Monday, December 13 at 10 a.m. for close family and friends at Saint John's Cathedral. It is open to the public at 11 a.m.
The funeral takes place Tuesday at Saint Anthony of Padua Church in northwest Fresno. The service starts at 10:30 in the morning.
And burial services will follow at Saint Peter's Cemetery in Fresno County.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Truck driver pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times