Public viewing and funeral for Bishop Steinbock
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands of people are expected to attend a public viewing and funeral service next week for Bishop John Steinbock.
The Fresno Bishop died last Sunday after battling lung cancer.
Friday, crews began putting up detour signs around Saint John's Cathedral in Downtown Fresno, where Monday's viewing and rosary will take place.
Steinbock was the head of the Fresno Diocese since 1991.
The viewing takes place this Monday, December 13 at 10 a.m. for close family and friends at Saint John's Cathedral. It is open to the public at 11 a.m.
The funeral takes place Tuesday at Saint Anthony of Padua Church in northwest Fresno. The service starts at 10:30 in the morning.
And burial services will follow at Saint Peter's Cemetery in Fresno County.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 12 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly 32 min ago
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact