4 killed on I-5 in crash near Kettleman City
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four men from Avenal were killed in a violent accident Monday morning on Interstate Five. The crash happened north of Kettleman City as the men headed to work.
Three other men in the car survived. Investigators say the driver and his brother were the only men wearing seatbelts.
They were taken to the hospital with major injuries. A third man was thrown from the van and suffered major head injuries. Neighbors in Avenal were saddened by the loss.
Bertha Arrellano said, "It's a very sad situation. They were very hard working men. It's just sad when you hear something like this."
The CHP says their mini-van hit a tire rim, causing the van to flip. The victims' names have not yet been released.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
avenal, kettleman city, fresno county, california highway patrol, local, john-thomas kobos
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- 2014 'Bowl for Kids' Sake' held in North Fresno
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
45 min ago