4 killed on I-5 in crash near Kettleman City
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four men from Avenal were killed in a violent accident Monday morning on Interstate Five. The crash happened north of Kettleman City as the men headed to work.
Three other men in the car survived. Investigators say the driver and his brother were the only men wearing seatbelts.
They were taken to the hospital with major injuries. A third man was thrown from the van and suffered major head injuries. Neighbors in Avenal were saddened by the loss.
Bertha Arrellano said, "It's a very sad situation. They were very hard working men. It's just sad when you hear something like this."
The CHP says their mini-van hit a tire rim, causing the van to flip. The victims' names have not yet been released.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
avenal, kettleman city, fresno county, california highway patrol, local, john-thomas kobos
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Fighting the flu with exercise
13 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos