4 killed on I-5 in crash near Kettleman City
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Four men from Avenal were killed in a violent accident Monday morning on Interstate Five. The crash happened north of Kettleman City as the men headed to work.
Three other men in the car survived. Investigators say the driver and his brother were the only men wearing seatbelts.
They were taken to the hospital with major injuries. A third man was thrown from the van and suffered major head injuries. Neighbors in Avenal were saddened by the loss.
Bertha Arrellano said, "It's a very sad situation. They were very hard working men. It's just sad when you hear something like this."
The CHP says their mini-van hit a tire rim, causing the van to flip. The victims' names have not yet been released.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
avenal, kettleman city, fresno county, california highway patrol, local, john-thomas kobos
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos