1 shot, 1 beaten in home invasion near Delhi
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators here are still putting together pieces of information they hope will lead to the arrest of the suspects. Meanwhile friends tell Action News the family is still shaken up by this violent crime.
Investigators say the home invasion robbery took place at a home on the 15000 of El Capitan Way in Delhi just after 2:30PM.
Wendy Fandl lives across the street and says her daughter heard a loud bang. Emergency crews arrived on scene shortly after.
"There was quite a group of them. Several sheriffs, ambulance, fire trucks. It was a lot of emergency vehicles." Said Fandl.
Detectives believe the two suspects tried to tie up two men inside the home. A struggle ensued and Fandl says one of the suspects hit Juan Balladares in the back of the head with a gun. During the struggle his brother also got shot in the stomach.
"Several items inside the house were taken as it was ransacked and the suspects left in an unknown direction." Said Merced County Sheriff's Deputy Tom Mackenzie.
Paramedics rushed both victims to different hospitals where we're told they'll be ok.
Fandl also happens to be the wife of a pastor at the Community Presbyterian Church -- which is located at their home.
Upon the news of the home invasion robbery she says one of their other pastors immediately offered to help the family.
"It was the pastor and his wife who helped get the wife of the victim up to the hospital to see her husband after the shooting." added Fandel.
Investigators aren't releasing a vehicle description at this time. They do however have reason to believe that the victim's may know who their attackers are.
"This doesn't appear to be a random act. It just isn't much a gang members out making random acts. This is actually appears that this house was targeted." Said Mackenzie.
The family friend tells Action News many of the kids in the Balladares family regularly attended an after school program at the church. They weren't home at the time of the attack but spent a couple hours across the street until investigators cleared the scene.
If you have any information on this home invasion robbery you're urged to call the sheriff's office.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
crimetracker, home invasion, shooting, merced county, delhi, merced county sheriff department, local, tommy tran
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Fire Safety