Greyhound Bus driver was not using a cell phone
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- New information in the investigation into this summer's deadly Greyhound Bus crash.
The highway patrol has determined James Jewett ... the man who was driving the bus ... was not using his cell phone at the time of the accident.
An Action News investigation earlier this month - revealed Jewett's cell phone was taken away from the accident scene by Greyhound personnel the day of the accident.
The CHP used a search warrant to get the phone from Greyhound. Thursday afternoon, the CHP announced records provided by the cell phone carrier - showed Jewett was not on the phone at the time of the collision.
Jewett and two passengers were killed in that accident ... along with three people in another vehicle.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
greyhound, fresno, fresno county, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits