Deadly crash in Fresno County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 5-year-old boy is dead after a weather related accident on Highway 180 in Fresno County.
It happened around 5 p.m. Sunday night, just west of Temperance. The highway patrol says the boy's father lost control of their SUV during a sudden downpour.
The SUV spun into the center divider, ejecting the 5-year-old. The boy's mother and 1-year-old brother were also in the vehicle at the time of the crash.
The 1-year-old was not seriously injured.
Investigators at the scene were unable to find any car seats.
"At this time it appears there were no car seats in the vehicle. The five year old child, it's believed was restrained with a lap belt and a shoulder harness and it's unknown how the one year old was secured at the time," Sgt. Chris Finnegan said.
The three surviving family members were taken to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno.
Their names have not been released but we're told the family is from Sanger.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
auto, fresno, fresno county, storm, local, shannon handy
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos