Deadly crash in Fresno County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 5-year-old boy is dead after a weather related accident on Highway 180 in Fresno County.
It happened around 5 p.m. Sunday night, just west of Temperance. The highway patrol says the boy's father lost control of their SUV during a sudden downpour.
The SUV spun into the center divider, ejecting the 5-year-old. The boy's mother and 1-year-old brother were also in the vehicle at the time of the crash.
The 1-year-old was not seriously injured.
Investigators at the scene were unable to find any car seats.
"At this time it appears there were no car seats in the vehicle. The five year old child, it's believed was restrained with a lap belt and a shoulder harness and it's unknown how the one year old was secured at the time," Sgt. Chris Finnegan said.
The three surviving family members were taken to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno.
Their names have not been released but we're told the family is from Sanger.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
auto, fresno, fresno county, storm, local, shannon handy
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes 36 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Accuweather Forecast
35 min ago
- Fresno State program gets students...
36 min ago
- Work underway on new mural in Downtown Fresno
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos