Deadly crash in Fresno County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 5-year-old boy is dead after a weather related accident on Highway 180 in Fresno County.
It happened around 5 p.m. Sunday night, just west of Temperance. The highway patrol says the boy's father lost control of their SUV during a sudden downpour.
The SUV spun into the center divider, ejecting the 5-year-old. The boy's mother and 1-year-old brother were also in the vehicle at the time of the crash.
The 1-year-old was not seriously injured.
Investigators at the scene were unable to find any car seats.
"At this time it appears there were no car seats in the vehicle. The five year old child, it's believed was restrained with a lap belt and a shoulder harness and it's unknown how the one year old was secured at the time," Sgt. Chris Finnegan said.
The three surviving family members were taken to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno.
Their names have not been released but we're told the family is from Sanger.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
auto, fresno, fresno county, storm, local, shannon handy
- Woman killed in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 11 min ago
- Man shot in upper torso in Parlier; 1 person detained 50 min ago
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 4 min ago
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 43 min ago
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes