Deadly crash in Fresno County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 5-year-old boy is dead after a weather related accident on Highway 180 in Fresno County.
It happened around 5 p.m. Sunday night, just west of Temperance. The highway patrol says the boy's father lost control of their SUV during a sudden downpour.
The SUV spun into the center divider, ejecting the 5-year-old. The boy's mother and 1-year-old brother were also in the vehicle at the time of the crash.
The 1-year-old was not seriously injured.
Investigators at the scene were unable to find any car seats.
"At this time it appears there were no car seats in the vehicle. The five year old child, it's believed was restrained with a lap belt and a shoulder harness and it's unknown how the one year old was secured at the time," Sgt. Chris Finnegan said.
The three surviving family members were taken to Community Regional Medical Center in Downtown Fresno.
Their names have not been released but we're told the family is from Sanger.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
auto, fresno, fresno county, storm, local, shannon handy
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County 18 min ago
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire 31 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze 42 min ago
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos