Soldier from Selma returns home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A valley soldier woke up at home Monday after returning home from Afghanistan.
Private First Class John Gonzalez arrived at Fresno Yosemite International late Sunday night. The 20-year-old spent the last 11 months overseas -- including nine months in Afghanistan.
Gonzalez says he's happy to be back home with his family just in time for the holidays. "I'm very happy to be home with all my family. First time I've been home in about ten months. Went from Afghanistan end of November. Went to Italy for a while for integration after that," Pfc. John Gonzalez said.
Gonzalez is a 2008 graduate of Selma High School.
He is scheduled to be home for 15 days before returning overseas to Italy.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
afghanistan, selma, fresno-yosemite international airport, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case