Soldier from Selma returns home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A valley soldier woke up at home Monday after returning home from Afghanistan.
Private First Class John Gonzalez arrived at Fresno Yosemite International late Sunday night. The 20-year-old spent the last 11 months overseas -- including nine months in Afghanistan.
Gonzalez says he's happy to be back home with his family just in time for the holidays. "I'm very happy to be home with all my family. First time I've been home in about ten months. Went from Afghanistan end of November. Went to Italy for a while for integration after that," Pfc. John Gonzalez said.
Gonzalez is a 2008 graduate of Selma High School.
He is scheduled to be home for 15 days before returning overseas to Italy.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
afghanistan, selma, fresno-yosemite international airport, local
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream 9 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos