Soldier from Selma returns home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A valley soldier woke up at home Monday after returning home from Afghanistan.
Private First Class John Gonzalez arrived at Fresno Yosemite International late Sunday night. The 20-year-old spent the last 11 months overseas -- including nine months in Afghanistan.
Gonzalez says he's happy to be back home with his family just in time for the holidays. "I'm very happy to be home with all my family. First time I've been home in about ten months. Went from Afghanistan end of November. Went to Italy for a while for integration after that," Pfc. John Gonzalez said.
Gonzalez is a 2008 graduate of Selma High School.
He is scheduled to be home for 15 days before returning overseas to Italy.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
afghanistan, selma, fresno-yosemite international airport, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies