Soldier from Selma returns home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A valley soldier woke up at home Monday after returning home from Afghanistan.
Private First Class John Gonzalez arrived at Fresno Yosemite International late Sunday night. The 20-year-old spent the last 11 months overseas -- including nine months in Afghanistan.
Gonzalez says he's happy to be back home with his family just in time for the holidays. "I'm very happy to be home with all my family. First time I've been home in about ten months. Went from Afghanistan end of November. Went to Italy for a while for integration after that," Pfc. John Gonzalez said.
Gonzalez is a 2008 graduate of Selma High School.
He is scheduled to be home for 15 days before returning overseas to Italy.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
afghanistan, selma, fresno-yosemite international airport, local
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS 23 min ago
- Police investigate deadly Tower District stabbing
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Overseas lotto scams prey on elderly
- Bob Wills home threatened by development
- New bike trail underpass raises deadly crash questions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos