Flooding causes road closures in the Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Flooding has closed Highway 59 in Merced County for the second time in two weeks.
You can see the water from Mariposa Creek flowing across the highway near McNamara Road Thursday afternoon.
Detours have been set up for drivers who use the route between Merced and Los Banos.
The same section of the highway was shut down early last week because of flooding -- and did not re-open until last Thursday.
There's no word yet on how long this closure is expected to last. Residents in Tulare County took advantage of a break in the rain yesterday to clean up flood water.
Arturo Yanez of Orosi - spent the day placing more sandbags around his trailer, and his mother's home next door.
Flood waters rose to more than a foot around the two trailers, and soaked the sandbags they already had in place. Fortunately, neither home was damaged.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
merced, merced county, los banos, orosi, storm, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels