HWY 269 closed between Huron and HWY 198
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The California Highway Patrol has closed a portion of Highway 269 between Huron and Highway 198 in Fresno County because of major flooding on the roadway.
The roadway was closed at 10 a.m. Sunday morning when it became submerged in water from an overflowing nearby creek. A winter storm is expected to dump at least 1.5 inches of rain through Sunday night and flood watches have been issued for the Central Valley.
There was no estimate of when the highway would reopen to traffic.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
huron, fresno county, local
- Two killed in shooting near Exeter
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles 16 min ago
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire