Large hole swallows roadway in Madera Co
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A large hole in a north valley roadway is causing a traffic headache for residents in Madera County.
The hole is located on Road 36 near Avenue 11 but crews have shut down the road between Avenues 9 and 12.
The hole opened up Wednesday when an old pipe that runs under the road failed and caused the road to fall into the water. Damage to the hole grew in size almost taking out the entire two lane road today.
Fortunately the culvert that runs under the road doesn't have as much water in it as it did earlier this week.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
madera county, flooding, local
- Fatal crash closes Valentine Ave north of Ashlan 41 min ago
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact