14-year-old Oakhurst girl electrocuted after crashing truck
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A teenage girl from Oakhurst is dead after being electrocuted on New Year's Day.
The 14-year-old girl was driving a pick-up on Road 628 near Leach Road in Madera County during rainy conditions when the Highway Patrol says she lost control. The truck ran into a power pole before hitting a tree. The crash broke the power pole and knocked down live electrical wires.
Officers say when the girl got out of the truck she stepped on a downed wire and was electrocuted. A 13-year-old girl in the passenger seat was not hurt.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
oakhurst, fresno county, local
- 12 people injured in SW Fresno car crash 24 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders 8 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Trevor Bishop charged with murder in child death
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- Chef Shayna's Irish favorites
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Man who woke up inside body bag dies
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt
- Valley residents seeing more black widow...
15 min ago