Survivor in deadly Oakhurst crash talks to Action News
Oakhurst, Calif. (KFSN) -- The young girl who survived a horrific crash in Madera County is talking about what led to her friend's death by accidental electrocution.
14-year-old Sarah Lewis died New Years Day after crashing her father's pickup into a tree on Road 628 near Leach Road. The force of the crash also knocked down a power pole.
Investigators say Lewis died when she accidentally stepped on a high voltage line after getting out of the pickup. Her friend, 13-year-old Shaylee Flynn was also in the vehicle when it crashed. She is devastated over the loss of her friend.
"Knowing she was right in front of me and I couldn't help her and you know it was just really bad," said Flynn. "I wanted it to be a nightmare I didn't want it to be real."
Flynn also says the decision she and Lewis made to take the pickup truck is a mistake that will haunt her for the rest of her life.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
oakhurst, madera county, local, sontaya rose
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County 31 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos