General Vang Pao recovering from pneumonia
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- General Vang Pao is in the hospital Tuesday night, recovering from pneumonia.
The general was most recently seen at Hmong New Year Celebrations in Merced back on December 17th.
A family friend tells Action News, the general was admitted to a local hospital suffering from pneumonia related symptoms. The 81-year-old is expected to be released in a few days.
In the late 70's, General Vang Pao led thousands of Hmong through a violent crackdown by the Laotian government. That eventually led to a new life in America.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels 29 min ago
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing 54 min ago
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases