General Vang Pao recovering from pneumonia
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- General Vang Pao is in the hospital Tuesday night, recovering from pneumonia.
The general was most recently seen at Hmong New Year Celebrations in Merced back on December 17th.
A family friend tells Action News, the general was admitted to a local hospital suffering from pneumonia related symptoms. The 81-year-old is expected to be released in a few days.
In the late 70's, General Vang Pao led thousands of Hmong through a violent crackdown by the Laotian government. That eventually led to a new life in America.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor