Oakhurst bully may cost a teacher her job
OAKHURST, Calif. (KFSN) -- A school board meeting in Oakhurst ended with dozens of parents more upset than when they first arrived. The meeting was called after a bullying incident at the elementary school.
Nearly 100 people showed up for a special meeting at the Bass Lake Joint Union Elementary School District. The overflow crowd forced administrators to move the meeting to a larger building.
Most in the crowd were there to support a teacher at Oakhurst Elementary who was placed on administrative leave four weeks ago.
Elaine Brown informed parents and law enforcement about one of her own students she felt was verbally and physically abusive.
The school district is investigating and says Brown may have violated the privacy rights of the alleged bully by contacting parents.
Many of the parents at the meeting were upset because they weren't allowed to voice their concerns.
Terri Worthington Pack said, "I am very frustrated. We did not come here for a lecture. We did not hire babysitters we did not come last minute to be lectured about bullying policies that are in place now that obviously are not working."
The accused bully has been moved to another classroom, but still attends Oakhurst Elementary.
It is unknown when Brown will return to her class.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
oakhurst, madera county, local
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos