Thieves target Fresno charity groups
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Over the weekend there was a break-in at the Sunset Community Center. Now, the Community Food Bank and Cornerstone Church have been burglarized as well.
Thieves stole six batteries out of the food bank's delivery trucks. It cost the group $1,000 to get their trucks fixed.
At Cornerstone Church, someone stole a trailer with $60,000 worth of audio- visual equipment inside. The church uses the gear for its Sunday services at Edwards Theater at River Park.
"I know people are hurting but these are organizations like ours, churches that we are reaching out to help people while they're hurting and then we got hit," said Pastor Jim Franklin with Cornerstone Church.
Cornerstone Church managed to piece together enough equipment to conduct its Sunday services. The Community Food Bank's trucks have been repaired and are back working.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
theft, crimetracker, charity, community food bank, cornerstone church, fresno, fresno county, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Parker surprises fans with Parker Gram
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos