Thieves target Fresno charity groups
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Over the weekend there was a break-in at the Sunset Community Center. Now, the Community Food Bank and Cornerstone Church have been burglarized as well.
Thieves stole six batteries out of the food bank's delivery trucks. It cost the group $1,000 to get their trucks fixed.
At Cornerstone Church, someone stole a trailer with $60,000 worth of audio- visual equipment inside. The church uses the gear for its Sunday services at Edwards Theater at River Park.
"I know people are hurting but these are organizations like ours, churches that we are reaching out to help people while they're hurting and then we got hit," said Pastor Jim Franklin with Cornerstone Church.
Cornerstone Church managed to piece together enough equipment to conduct its Sunday services. The Community Food Bank's trucks have been repaired and are back working.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
theft, crimetracker, charity, community food bank, cornerstone church, fresno, fresno county, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees allowed home 35 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop 59 min ago
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members