Thieves target Fresno charity groups
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Over the weekend there was a break-in at the Sunset Community Center. Now, the Community Food Bank and Cornerstone Church have been burglarized as well.
Thieves stole six batteries out of the food bank's delivery trucks. It cost the group $1,000 to get their trucks fixed.
At Cornerstone Church, someone stole a trailer with $60,000 worth of audio- visual equipment inside. The church uses the gear for its Sunday services at Edwards Theater at River Park.
"I know people are hurting but these are organizations like ours, churches that we are reaching out to help people while they're hurting and then we got hit," said Pastor Jim Franklin with Cornerstone Church.
Cornerstone Church managed to piece together enough equipment to conduct its Sunday services. The Community Food Bank's trucks have been repaired and are back working.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
theft, crimetracker, charity, community food bank, cornerstone church, fresno, fresno county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos