Fresno man pleads guilty in Seth Ireland beating death case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man accused in the beating death of a ten-year-old Fresno boy has pleaded guilty, just days before his trial.
Seth Ireland died in January of 2009 -- after he was beaten to death at his southwest Fresno home.
His mother's boyfriend, Labaron Vaughn pleaded guilty to second degree murder Tuesday. Prosecutors had been seeking a first degree conviction.
The plea comes just one week after Seth's mother, Rena Ireland, also accepted a plea deal and agreed to testify against Vaughn.
Vaughn faces 15 years to life in prison at his sentencing next month.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
murder, court, crimetracker, fresno, fresno county, fresno southwest, local
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Accuweather Forecast
39 min ago