Broken water main causes flooding in Fresno Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some Fresno County families are finally seeing floodwaters recede as crews turn on the pumps to get the water out.
The flooding happened Sunday night at Dudley near Marks near the Fresno City limits after a water main broke.
This home at the corner of Dudley and Marks has the worst damage. The homeowners were relieved to finally see a city crew arrive to pump the water out of the house. But the damage is already severe.
The basement has at least 5 feet of water and the backyard is underwater.
The city will also bring-in a clean-up crew to work inside the damaged homes.
"We're going to take care of it," Bud Tickel said.
City crews say a 14-inch water main broke but the cause is not yet known.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, flooding, local, tommy tran
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos