Broken water main causes flooding in Fresno Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some Fresno County families are finally seeing floodwaters recede as crews turn on the pumps to get the water out.
The flooding happened Sunday night at Dudley near Marks near the Fresno City limits after a water main broke.
This home at the corner of Dudley and Marks has the worst damage. The homeowners were relieved to finally see a city crew arrive to pump the water out of the house. But the damage is already severe.
The basement has at least 5 feet of water and the backyard is underwater.
The city will also bring-in a clean-up crew to work inside the damaged homes.
"We're going to take care of it," Bud Tickel said.
City crews say a 14-inch water main broke but the cause is not yet known.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, flooding, local, tommy tran
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos