Broken water main causes flooding in Fresno Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some Fresno County families are finally seeing floodwaters recede as crews turn on the pumps to get the water out.
The flooding happened Sunday night at Dudley near Marks near the Fresno City limits after a water main broke.
This home at the corner of Dudley and Marks has the worst damage. The homeowners were relieved to finally see a city crew arrive to pump the water out of the house. But the damage is already severe.
The basement has at least 5 feet of water and the backyard is underwater.
The city will also bring-in a clean-up crew to work inside the damaged homes.
"We're going to take care of it," Bud Tickel said.
City crews say a 14-inch water main broke but the cause is not yet known.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, flooding, local, tommy tran
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case 48 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Accuweather Forecast
52 min ago
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos