Broken water main causes flooding in Fresno Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some Fresno County families are finally seeing floodwaters recede as crews turn on the pumps to get the water out.
The flooding happened Sunday night at Dudley near Marks near the Fresno City limits after a water main broke.
This home at the corner of Dudley and Marks has the worst damage. The homeowners were relieved to finally see a city crew arrive to pump the water out of the house. But the damage is already severe.
The basement has at least 5 feet of water and the backyard is underwater.
The city will also bring-in a clean-up crew to work inside the damaged homes.
"We're going to take care of it," Bud Tickel said.
City crews say a 14-inch water main broke but the cause is not yet known.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, flooding, local, tommy tran
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases