Memorial fund for Oakhurst carbon monoxide death victims
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say eight year old Jaden Montoya, her ten year sister Alexis, and their uncle, 35-year-old Bruce Hargett, along with their grandmother, Diana Montoya, were all poisoned by carbon monoxide.
Pictures taken by family members show the extension cords running through the house, and connected to a generator to provide light and heat. Authorities say exhaust fumes from the gas generator seeped into the home. A memorial outside the home is a sad reminder of the tragedy.
Meantime, grief counselors were on the campus of Oakhurst Elementary School to offer support for the girls' classmates.
The girls were also regulars at the Oakhurst Boys and Girls Club. The club helped set up a memorial fund and also donated $2,000.00 to help the family with expenses.
Those wishing to donate can do so in the name of the Montoya Memorial Fund at Yosemite Bank. The address is 40061, Highway 49 in Oakhurst. No account number is needed.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
madera county, oakhurst, local, sontaya rose
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals