Memorial fund for Oakhurst carbon monoxide death victims
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators say eight year old Jaden Montoya, her ten year sister Alexis, and their uncle, 35-year-old Bruce Hargett, along with their grandmother, Diana Montoya, were all poisoned by carbon monoxide.
Pictures taken by family members show the extension cords running through the house, and connected to a generator to provide light and heat. Authorities say exhaust fumes from the gas generator seeped into the home. A memorial outside the home is a sad reminder of the tragedy.
Meantime, grief counselors were on the campus of Oakhurst Elementary School to offer support for the girls' classmates.
The girls were also regulars at the Oakhurst Boys and Girls Club. The club helped set up a memorial fund and also donated $2,000.00 to help the family with expenses.
Those wishing to donate can do so in the name of the Montoya Memorial Fund at Yosemite Bank. The address is 40061, Highway 49 in Oakhurst. No account number is needed.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
madera county, oakhurst, local, sontaya rose
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District 25 min ago
- Fire truck overturns in multiple vehicle collision in SE Fresno 48 min ago
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Coalinga dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
- Police: Released parole violator shot at officers
- New medical center breaks ground in Visalia
- Fresno City Council votes against planned bike lane
- Accuweather Forecast
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos