Oakhurst teacher talks to GMA
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An Oakhurst teacher placed on administrative leave after a bullying incident appeared on Good Morning America Wednesday.
Elaine Brown told her story on GMA Wednesday morning. District officials removed the Oakhurst Elementary School teacher from her classroom about a month ago after she says she told other parents about a student who was bullying classmates.
The school district is now investigating whether she violated the privacy rights of the suspected bully.
Wednesday morning, Brown talked about when she first discovered the bullying problem from her students.
"One by one they came over to me and I documented different things and I couldn't write fast enough for what was pouring out of their hearts," said Brown.
Two weeks ago -- nearly 100 people showed up at a Bass Lake Joint Union Elementary School District meeting to show support for Brown. She remains on leave.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
oakhurst, madera county, local
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer 49 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Accuweather Forecast
56 min ago
- Health Watch: Pinpointing prostate cancer
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos