Oakhurst teacher talks to GMA
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An Oakhurst teacher placed on administrative leave after a bullying incident appeared on Good Morning America Wednesday.
Elaine Brown told her story on GMA Wednesday morning. District officials removed the Oakhurst Elementary School teacher from her classroom about a month ago after she says she told other parents about a student who was bullying classmates.
The school district is now investigating whether she violated the privacy rights of the suspected bully.
Wednesday morning, Brown talked about when she first discovered the bullying problem from her students.
"One by one they came over to me and I documented different things and I couldn't write fast enough for what was pouring out of their hearts," said Brown.
Two weeks ago -- nearly 100 people showed up at a Bass Lake Joint Union Elementary School District meeting to show support for Brown. She remains on leave.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
oakhurst, madera county, local
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove 21 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman