Four men recovering after shooting in Goshen
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It was a startling morning for Goshen residents when they heard gunshots during a home invasion.
Four victims are now recovering and sheriff's deputies have one juvenile in custody. The home invasion and shooting happened just after midnight at a home on Road 72 near Harvest.
The victims are young men ranging in age from 19 to 29. All of them are suffering from several gunshot wounds.
Tulare county investigators don't know if the victims and gunmen know each other, but at this point, they do believe the suspects are in a gang.
A dark footprint is still visible on the front door of this Goshen home. Tulare county sheriff's deputies say early Saturday morning three men and one juvenile armed with guns forced their way inside.
Immediately, they started shooting at four men between the ages of 19 and 29. "Two shots with a pause--followed by four shots."
Tressa Hooks lives across the street. She took this picture just as police arrived.
Hooks says she knew something was wrong when one of her dogs started barking. "It was startling. Mostly first of all to hear her, cause she went off just before the shots went off."
Viviana Perez lives just a few blocks away. She too---heard the gunshots. "They were one right after another. I heard like 12 gunshots."
Investigators say after being shot some of the victims ran out of the house to escape. The gunmen ran away.
Deputies later caught up with one of them, a 17-year-old juvenile who was hiding in a nearby field.
He was booked into juvenile hall on several charges, including attempted murder and participating in a gang crime.
Investigators are still looking for the three men involved in the shooting.
Meanwhile, neighbors say the whole incident makes them feel unsafe inside their own homes. "It scares me to know all this is happening here in Goshen. It's a good thing to keep our doors locked at all times."
One of the victims is in critical condition. The only thing the suspects took from the home was a cell phone.
The gunmen are described as wearing dark clothing with their faces covered. They are believed to be in their late teens or early twenties.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
goshen, tulare county, shooting, gang, crimetracker, local, shannon handy
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...