Most flights grounded at FYI due to fog
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A "Dense Fog Advisory" is in effect until 1 p.m. Tuesday so drivers and air travelers are bracing for another tough ride.
Monday the fog lifted late in the day, so airlines here were playing catch up all day -- and you can expect much of the same Tuesday because the fog is back.
Tuesday morning nearly all flights at FYI were grounded. Eight out of 10 departing flights were cancelled and 1 arriving flight from Las Vegas is delayed for two hours.
Air traffic controllers say it's easier to take off in the fog than to land, but when arrivals are delayed or cancelled, it trickles down. Without a plane, there's no flight.
Now the airlines are scrambling to re-book or re-route passengers.
Many passengers say they will spend all morning waiting for the fog to finally lift, if at all. Even when it does the airlines will be playing catch up, much like Monday.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
local, christine park
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs 12 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident