Most flights grounded at FYI due to fog
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A "Dense Fog Advisory" is in effect until 1 p.m. Tuesday so drivers and air travelers are bracing for another tough ride.
Monday the fog lifted late in the day, so airlines here were playing catch up all day -- and you can expect much of the same Tuesday because the fog is back.
Tuesday morning nearly all flights at FYI were grounded. Eight out of 10 departing flights were cancelled and 1 arriving flight from Las Vegas is delayed for two hours.
Air traffic controllers say it's easier to take off in the fog than to land, but when arrivals are delayed or cancelled, it trickles down. Without a plane, there's no flight.
Now the airlines are scrambling to re-book or re-route passengers.
Many passengers say they will spend all morning waiting for the fog to finally lift, if at all. Even when it does the airlines will be playing catch up, much like Monday.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
local, christine park
- Teacher shot at Edison High School in Fresno
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development 53 min ago
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos