Sexual assault charges dropped against a Three Rivers couple
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tulare County prosecutors dropped sexual assault charges against a south valley couple. Sheriff's detectives were investigating the incident in at an apartment complex in Three Rivers.
Deputies say Mishael Nicely and Stanton Lavey kidnapped and then sexually assaulted a nineteen-year-old woman. But before their arraignment Tuesday, the Tulare County District Attorney's Office decided not to file criminal charges. Nicely and Lavey have since been released from jail.
The district attorney's office says the investigation is still ongoing.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
court, crimetracker, three rivers, tulare county, local
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 15 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs,...
18 min ago